Monday, October 12, 2009

Leaf Me Alone

Seems like my neighbor's tree turned colors overnight. As we all know, leaves change color when the flow of chemicals into the leaves changes with the shortening of days. Wouldn't it be interesting if we all changed colors according to the spiritual nourishment we're enjoying?

God's Word actually compares us to trees in many passages. In Psalm 1:1-3, it states: "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Would I be a vibrant green if I were drawing daily from God's word? Would my haphazard habits keep me red and orange? Would I be brown or void of foliage?

No comments: